Knitting my way through life

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

And so it begins

So after a year of knitting I figured it's about time I start my very own knit blog. I read enough other peoples' knitting blogs and I'm sure my boyfriend is tired of me complaining about my knitting woes. He doesn't quite understand the joys either. (Sorry Scott, but you just don't get as excited about a beautiful alpaca yarn as I do.)

So here it is! The start of "Newman Knits"

I guess I'll start off with going through projects I've done in the last year in the next few posts. Then I'll move on to works in progress.

Oh, a little knitting history is in order I suppose. My lovely sister got me into the fiber arts initially by teaching me crochet. I soon took to knitting as taught by the absolutely marvelous Bronnie. :) And the rest is history. My knitting talent grew quickly, if I do say so myself, and I've already knitted a full lace shawl (more on that later).

That's all for now :)

No comments: