Knitting my way through life

Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Knitting Part 1

Well, now I am unemployed. So you would think I would be knitting LOTS, right? Not really. You feel guilty knitting while unemployed. You just keep thinking "hmmm, I should be applying for a job right now..."

Despite that guilt, I have been knitting.

Behold!


A Christmas present finished before Christmas Eve! (Gasp!) I give you a Lace Ribbon Scarf in Bristol Yarn Gallery Buckingham color 1042 (love this yarn)




I got a wider stitch on one side of the repeat by using a wide stitch marker (hair-ties). I like the effect -- it's more open and a little bit funky.




It has been wrapped up and shipped off to be opened by its new owner. I always feel a little sad sending off my lace projects. Not as much with other projects, but lace somehow has that effect on me.

The only other Christmas knitting this year is to be a hat. It's just a simple Norwegian Star hat in Berroco Ultra Alpaca.




I plan on duplicate stitching blue onto the four little white bits in the center of each star. I might also add a fleece lining. We'll see how motivated I am.

And that, my friends, is all. I'll post pictures of the recipients modeling the projects when I get them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should knit a resume...then you wouldn't feel so guilty.